About Me

My photo
Whitney's Wild World is just that . . . a little blog to chronicle the crazy times inside my wild world!! We finally made it to a family of 4 and are enjoying every day we have together!! Check up on us to see all that goes on inside Whitney's Wild World . . . . . . .

Search

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Cocktail Block Party

Let me just start off by saying I love my neighborhood and the people we have met here are so fantastic. We all sort of bonded when the fires happened a couple years ago and it has brought us all together years later. We have had alley block parties in the summer, women's get together's and this year I thought it would be fun to do a Holiday block party. We stashed the kids up in the guest suite with some of my favorite babysitters, and the adults got to have some well deserved adult time. Chris turned the "built in BBQ" into a bar and everyone was ready to party!! For some reason I have declared myself the social director of our neighborhood and I love it. My wonderful mother came down and helped Chris and I get ready for the block party, we had about 40 people and 2o kids. It was so much fun.


The food was great and the company was even better . . . .











I think everyone had a good time, the food was gone the alcohol was gone and we didn't climb into bed until midnight so I think it was a success!! Hopefully we can keep the parties coming, at every get together there is a new face and a new baby. It is crazy to see how our neighborhood has grown in the 3 1/2 years we have been here. It is a great feeling of community and I love living in San Diego!!
(Sorry mom but I don't think I'm moving back to Riverside anytime soon :( )


Live from the Wild World,

Whitney

AKA: Maybeck Social Director (Ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment