About Me

My photo
Whitney's Wild World is just that . . . a little blog to chronicle the crazy times inside my wild world!! We finally made it to a family of 4 and are enjoying every day we have together!! Check up on us to see all that goes on inside Whitney's Wild World . . . . . . .

Search

Saturday, October 29, 2011

1st trip to the Emergency Room . . .

 . . . . and I hope it's our last! 
Brady came down with a "normally high" fever of 102 around 9am. He was kind of funky and his belly would hurt when I pushed on it or changed his diaper.  I called the dr. and they told me they didn't have any apts but if the fever got higher to go to the ER.  I think I have a phobia of the ER.  I have never been there, I always think the wait is going to be to long and my child won't be sick enough for the ER.  Non the less around 1:30 I took his temp and it was 104.8.  I called Chris, put my ER fears aside and jumped in the car headed to the ER!  When they admitted us 45 minutes from when I took his temp the nurse told us it was 106.9 I would have never believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes!!! Thankfully he had no seizures!
 They quickly rushed us into a room hooked him up to an IV and pumped the little guy full of fluids.  After that it was blood draws, X-Rays and a catheter.  Poor guy Chris and I felt so bad for him. We had to call my parents to come down and get Rylee so she wouldn't have to hang out in the ER full of screaming children and watching Brady getting poked and prodded.
 After they put in the IV I realized that they put in his hand of the thumb he sucks!  Worst mother, I should have thought of that when they were deciding what hand to use.  He was such a trooper with his little IV cast.
After a slew of test, blood, urine and X-rays the doctors ruled out pneumonia, appendicitis and even tested for mononucleosis!  The doctors decided it was a virus! After all that  . . . a Virus?? Well I guess that is better than what it could have been.  Luckily he woke up this morning feeling better and his fever was way down only 100.1!
I don't ever want to go to the ER ever again.  Children's hospital wasn't as bad as I had imagined. We only waited half an hour and had wonderful nurses and doctors (but I still don't want to have to go back!)
The Brady man is such a trooper hope he is back to his old self come Halloween so we can go trick or treating and have some fun!!
Live from the wild world,
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. OMG Whit how scary. I hope Brady is doing better and I hope you are holding up ok. I would have been a crazy person and freaking out if I saw that high of a number on that thermometer. I hope Brady is up and running for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete