About Me

My photo
Whitney's Wild World is just that . . . a little blog to chronicle the crazy times inside my wild world!! We finally made it to a family of 4 and are enjoying every day we have together!! Check up on us to see all that goes on inside Whitney's Wild World . . . . . . .

Search

Sunday, June 24, 2012

1st Dance Recital

One of the days I have been waiting for ever since I found out I was pregnant with a GIRL!!!


1st DANCE RECITAL

She was beyond excited and I had too many emotions running through me to count . . . anticipation, excitement, nervousness and stress to name a few.  The studio we go to is a ballet driven studio so they all wear the same uniform, differing on color, depending on their level and to keep cost down they also wear it for the recital.  I was kind of hoping for a really cute costume with frill and sparkle  her song was the angry bird song, maybe a cute yellow bird costume . . . but this was cute too!!  She got to wear blush, mascara and lip gloss and she loved every second of it, askin"are my eyelashes still on" every 5 minutes. 
Everyone came down to watch her performance . . .
Mama and Dada
Aunt B
Yaya and JJ
Mimi and Grandpa
Nonnie and Papa
were all there to witness her first dance recital. 

When I told them they could leave at intermission they were sold!!!  For 15 or so years of sitting through dance recitals with my sister and I, half a recital was a breeze.  They didn't have to wait in line for hours before it started to save seats like my poor dad used to (pre-order tickets 2nd and 3rd row center) or sit through the whole thing, but they did have to drive for hours to come and see her.  I guess it's a toss up.
We tried to have dinner first but everyone coming from different counties was a little harder than I had anticipated.  Needless to say Rylee and I didn't make it to dinner but instead had chicken nuggets in the car on the way (she had to be there an hour early).  I was happy when everyone was finally in their seats and the curtain went up.  Rylee's class was 4th to go on and I couldn't wait everyone was waiting to see how she would do.
 Let me give you a little background on my first recital (not that I remember it but that EVERYONE tells me the same story and I have seen it on video).  My first performance I was in a yellow duck costume all in line with my other dancers.  We all start doing our dance and I look down the line to see that one of my fellow dancers foot is out of line and not doing the right thing.  I stop dancing, march over to her and quickly put her back in line by moving her feet.
Now its Rylee's turn it all starts off great, they begin on their knees and slowly work up to standing to continue the dance.  When the girl next to Rylee doesn't stand up Rylee looks over to her and (after she told me) shook her finger at her and told her to "get up and keep going" then in the next part Rylee told her "not like that" (the little girl was pouting).  At this point my whole family is in hysterics.  Apparently the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree!!! Lucky for her . . . hahahah!!!
We were all happy to be there and be a part of Rylee's first dance recital.  Everyone said they wouldn't have missed it for the world!!

Nonnie and Papa made it!!

Jj wasn't going to miss out on Miss Rylee's dance recital, he was happy it was assigned seats!!

Yaya her biggest supporter brought her presents!! 

Mimi and Grandpa were there!!

Proud parents! 
Where is the Brady man you ask . . . ya like I was going to take him and try to sit though a dance recital. . . maybe next year!!

Rylee and her Great Grandparents

Aunt B was there too and Rylee said she clapped and yelled the loudest!
 

Really special to have my whole family in one place for Rylee's special performance

Rylee and Brady with the great grandparents. . .and JJ because Brady wouldn't let go!!!

Back at the house to eat cupcakes!

Grandpa . . . . . Rylee . . . . . . Nonnie

Rylee's favorite beach buddy Nini!!

Why is everyone always lookin' at the Brady Man???

Oh you wanted me to smile!!

Rylee we are very proud of you new accomplishment and we can't wait 'till the next one
 
Thanks so much to everyone that made the effort to come all the way to San Diego to watch Rylee in her 30 seconds of fame.  We loved having you all here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment