About Me

My photo
Whitney's Wild World is just that . . . a little blog to chronicle the crazy times inside my wild world!! We finally made it to a family of 4 and are enjoying every day we have together!! Check up on us to see all that goes on inside Whitney's Wild World . . . . . . .

Search

Friday, November 16, 2012

PART 4 . . . THE BACHELORETTE PARTY

The history of the bachelorette party is as so . . .
"the bachelorette party is consciously modelled after the centuries-old bachelor's party, which is itself historically a dinner given by the bridegroom to his friends shortly before his wedding."
Let's just say it has evolved from a small intimate dinner to a full out party well into the wee hours of the morning lasting a couple days (if you're lucky). .


Being the Matron of Honour, I was technically the one to plan Bryn's bachelorette soiree. Instead of going to the traditional Las Vegas location, I lured them to San Diego where I had many more contacts and we didn't have to fly (Bonus!!) The bridesmaids and I had planned many fun adventures for our weekend in San Diego. Heather and Michelle were to go down early to decorate the rooms and get everything set up. I thought they might be able to get in early and as luck would have it they didn't. Bryn was meeting at my house so we could go together. Texting stealthily back and forth, me telling them to hurry and them telling my to stall. I tried my hardest to stall but it was getting harder and harder to find random pit stops seem legit!! One legit pit stop happened to be retrieving Michelle's wallet that she left at Party City. After I could stall no more we were on our way down to the hotel. We walked in right as they were done setting up!! They did a wonderful job and everything looked spectacular. We got straight to business drinking small amount of very strong alcohol out of very small glasses . . .classy I know!!

The first night we went out to dinner and then out to the Double Deuce where a bunch of my friends work . . . it turned out to be a great night. One of us, who will remain nameless, even made her way to the bull . . . she made us proud.

Off to the pool the next day where we ate and drank to our hearts content. Some crazy wig person gave us a bottle of champagne and we toasted to the wigs the remaining part of the weekend!!

The final night was time for bachelorette shenanigans!!
  We made Bryn a wall of lingerie, played games and drank and drank and drank . . .

We all got dressed up ready for a fantastic night out. Bryn looked amazing and she was mentally ready to party all the way into the wee hours of the morning. Chris had us all set up with VIP bottle service at Andaz and we couldn't have had more fun.

I can't believe Bryn is getting married . . . AGHHHhhhhhhh!!!

On our way out Bryn got picked up by the ball and chain police and . . . .

. . . was taken in to temporary custody!! We let her hang out for a while so she could think about what she was getting her self into!!!

I was the resident bartender for most of the night . . .

 . . . . as you can tell I think I did a good job!!

Before and After!!

As luck would have it, we were trying to leave and Bryn got a flat tire and we had to call AAA to come change it for us. We drove home at 50MPH all the way home on the little tiny spare tire we now lovingly refer to as the Nemo Tire!!!

I think the new age version of the bachelorette party is way more fun than the original version. It definitely creates more stories, more memories and many more pictures. I hope we all showed Bryn a good time. I know I had a great time . . . Congrats Bryn you are almost married!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment