About Me

My photo
Whitney's Wild World is just that . . . a little blog to chronicle the crazy times inside my wild world!! We finally made it to a family of 4 and are enjoying every day we have together!! Check up on us to see all that goes on inside Whitney's Wild World . . . . . . .

Search

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I know everyone says that their mother is the best mother in the whole wide world but let me tell you MINE IS THE BEST MOTHER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!
Allison Tavaglione is the most amazing mom and an even better Yaya.  She puts everyone before her self and puts every ounce  of energy she has into being my mom. I don't think she ever goes a day without thinking about her family or especially Rylee or Brady. If I'm on the phone with her and she hears that I'm sick she is still on the phone and in the car running to my rescue.  My mom was a Pinterest mom before Pinterest existed.  Cookie's, birthday parties, PTA president she knows how to throw an event and everything was an event; it made my childhood unforgettable. She has made every holiday growing up more special than the next, we still get stockings at Christmas and a very special Valentine every year.  She made our school lunches everyday, dropped us off and picked us up everyday never a minute late.  A homemade dinner was on the table 5 out of 7 nights a week and it wasn't even the same for every family member.  She attended every awards ceremony, drove us to dance everyday, sat at countless dance recitals and football games.  My mom has gone over and above to make my childhood so memorable and special. Suffice it to say  . . . SHE NAILED IT!!   I loved every minute of my childhood and have strived to recreate (with moderate success) everything she had done. . . . side note I am SO excited to make school lunches for Rylee next year :)    At Rylee's Mother's Day tea one of the Mom's called me "the Put Together Mom" I credit my mom for always having it together. You make me want to be a better mom every day.  I hope you are proud of the mom I am trying to be, I'm trying hard not to let you down. Mom you are one amazingly beautiful woman, I hope to grow up just like you (no I still don't think of myself as grown up)
My mom is without a doubt my best friend. I'm not sure when the shift went from "I know it all adolescent" to "I can't live with out you, adult" but I'm sure glad our relationship is where it is today.  Every question I have I go to her, if I need advice, she's number one on my list.  She really is the first person I call in ANY situation, and even if it's after 8pm and I know she's in bed she will still take my call. We talk multiple times a day and are always planning our next event. She is always there to listen to my many ups and few downs.  She has taught me how to be a true friend and the real meaning of unconditional love.
This little bundle of crazy is who brought me into this wonderful place called motherhood!!  Rylee Marie, 5 years ago, on April 4th at 8:59pm you changed my world.  Being a stay at home mom is the most rewarding job ever. It is also the hardest job EVER.  I'm trying my best but good lord I could be doing a lot better.  I have big shoes to fill, my mom was the best stay at home mom; If I am half as good as her I will be A Ok with that. 
I love having a daughter, Rylee is amazing and I couldn't imagine my life without her.  I hope, and pray that Rylee and I have the same relationship as my mom and I do.
Brady, Oh Man I love you but for sure you are my payback child.  For everything I ever did to my parents you are giving it back to me 10 fold.
Those blue eyes and big mouth are so beautiful they can make a crazy day so much better when you look at me and say night night mama.  Those dear sincere words are what make motherhood so special.  The unexpected kisses, sweet pats on the back or when you need "helpa" but really only want to be hugged is what I live for.  Chris is a wonderful son and I hope that Brady will continue to be a Mama's boy for EVER!!  I'm sure his future wife won't care :)
 
 
 My grandmothers are more special to me than I could ever express.  I have a wonderful relationship with both Nonnie and Mimi.  I talk to them all the time and we have become closer with time.  They are a wealth of knowledge and have taught me more than you know.  I have come to Mimi with just about every problem I have ever had.  She is such an amazing listener and always seems to agree with me (until lately when it comes to Courtney's dating advice) Mother's of 5 children, 6 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren, collectively I value their opinion, and hope that I can pass on their values and traditions. 
Last night while opening mother's day gifts everyone got one but Bryn and Rylee was very concerned that Aunt B had been forgotten.  We told her that she wasn't a Mommy yet but when she is she would get presents too!!  We asked Bryn if she had any announcements but she assured us that there was nothing to announce.  Maybe next year there will be one more Mommy in our family . . . one can hope right??
Happy Mother's day to all the amazing Mommy friends, I'm glad we get to go through this crazy time in our life together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment