About Me

My photo
Whitney's Wild World is just that . . . a little blog to chronicle the crazy times inside my wild world!! We finally made it to a family of 4 and are enjoying every day we have together!! Check up on us to see all that goes on inside Whitney's Wild World . . . . . . .

Search

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

YaYa's Birthday Bash Part 1

Guest Blogger moment! Courtney is back for some more Wild World action. 

I am here to relay the story of our latest Gould/Schembri/Tavaglione/Hlinka/Hazen get together. 

The ladies in my family are always looking for an excuse to get together. It seems to be a new habit that each time we get together, we always plan the next time we can have a little fun. Whether we are in Vegas, Riverside, San Diego, or Newport, there is always a fun excuse for us to be together. 
This time was no different. My mom and my Auntie Allison have birthdays that are only a week apart and we thought there was no better way to have a get together than to celebrate a double birthday, especially YaYa's 55th! My mom made party bags complete with bracelets that conveyed our love for Allison, invitations were sent out, the white cake was ordered, and YaYa was in for a huge surprise. 


The first night consisted of a huge surprise bash for my deserving Aunt. Unbeknownst to her, my mom and Whitney sent invitations to all of her best friends in Riverside. Before the dinner, we thought we should start the party with a pre-game session at the beach house. Bryn broke out the margarita machine and it was game over. I should mention that my dear cousin Whitney had the wonderful idea of purchasing a breathalyzer before this event. If you know my family, you know we are a competitive group. One margarita turned into several after taking a breathalyzer test after each drink. Getting the highest BAC quickly turned into the competition of the evening. 

Because of our fun new "game" we decided we needed to take a taxi to dinner. If you know Mimi, you know she doesn't do taxis. But, in the spirit of the birthday shenanigans, Mimi hopped in the front, gave a thumbs up, and apologized to the driver in advance for her wacky family. Once we walked into the restaurant and Auntie Allison saw all of her friends waiting to surprise her, it was obvious the weekend was off to a great start. 

After a fabulous dinner, lots of friends, a version of "Happy Birthday" sung by a live band, and some serious eating and drinking, the Riverside friends said farewell and my family and I were off to our next adventure. We got home and immediately walked down the boardwalk to The Blue Beet. This consisted of more drinking, breathtayzing (Whitney was WAY in the lead at this point), and a game of "Never Have I Ever." For those who have played this game before, you will know that things are divulged that you may or may not have wanted to know about the people you're playing with. I will not reveal what my cousins and I found out but I will leave you with this warning: Don't play this game with your mother after a few drinks while sitting at a bar. We left The Blue Beet with a broken drumstick (YaYa's birthday souvenir), way too much information about our mothers, and an appetite for pizza and donuts.

On our walk home, we introduced our mothers to the beauty of a drunken snack. We got pizza and donuts, and even made an appearance at Whitney's favorite spot, The Beach Ball, for a photo op before returning home. Whitney was winning the breathalyzer competition by a mile, I was exhausted from trying to keep up with my wild mother, and Bryn was ready to hit the town for more action. She was in rally mode while I was ready for bed and Whitney was somewhere in between sleep and "walking outside and getting hit by a trash truck in the middle of the sidewalk" (her words, not mine). 

"Courtney. I played Bunko last night. I'm exhausted" 
Needless to say, night one of the birthday bash was a success. Add a couple of crazy blonde babies and some fun at the beach and you get Part 2! More to come :) 

Cousin Corny 


No comments:

Post a Comment