About Me

My photo
Whitney's Wild World is just that . . . a little blog to chronicle the crazy times inside my wild world!! We finally made it to a family of 4 and are enjoying every day we have together!! Check up on us to see all that goes on inside Whitney's Wild World . . . . . . .

Search

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Big Bear Adventure

This is what it looks like when you go to Big Bear with SIX families!
Let me break that down for ya
12 Adults
15 kids under 6
(8 girls 6 boys)
WHAT?!?!?
Who is crazy enough do this you ask a better question is who is LUCKY enough to do this??
This was by far one of the funnest vacations I have ever been on.  It was a little tricky to get it all planned but they persevered and made it happen.  When we thought about planning this, we expected snow skiing, snowball fights, cold weather bbbuuuttt we got sun, flip flops and NO snow and warm weather.  I was defiantly the Debbie Downer of the group, I wanted the winter-land I expected and I knew I wasn't going to get it so immediately I wanted out.  Thank God that didn't happen or we might not have had the fun we did!!
We rented this awesome 9 bedroom house with a game room/playroom, hot tub and master bedrooms for every couple.  Being that there was no snow we thought it would be a great idea to bring in a couple masseuse to help ease our tension (best idea ever)!!
Kyle Chris Mark Josh Bill CJ
The kids played wonderfully together 
Brady Tucker Cody
and the adults played wonderfully . . . . . until the sun went down and it was time to flip the red cups.  Boys vs. Girls always makes for a fun time and of course the girls won!! We played cards and numerous games of flip cup.
Playing spades!
The next day we all went to ride the Alpine slides.  You take a chair lift up the mountain and bobsled down a concrete track down the side of the mountain.

I can't believe how competitive this group is.

 Every time down the hill was a race until Trish flipped her sled with Keira on it and ended up off the track!!
Mark & Bella    Chris & Brady      Josh & Laini
 


The kids wanted to be in the hot tub all the time and they were so happy and contained when they were in there! I think they had the best time of anyone.  They ran all over the house, playing upstairs, watching movies and of course loving the giant sleepover.
The Fun-Plex offered many outlets for fun, especially the ice rink, I mean plastic rink.  Yep no ice just a giant sheet of plastic covered in wax so the kids could pretend ice skate.  They didn't care they love it!
Jude Keira Rylee Bella Laini Chloe Peyton Ella
Big Bear was soooo much fun I can't wait to go back next year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment